Guide on how to spray paint your items gold
1) Find the right spray paint- Before you start your start, you’ll have to find the best spray paint for your project. This will differ for everyone; you might be looking for a gold that has a lot of sparkle/shine or a gold that comes with a pink undertone.
2) Prepare your space- After you have picked the perfect spray paint, it is time to prepare your space. If you are spray painting small objects such as knobs for kitchen cabinets, you’ll probably be able to complete the project inside. But if you are spray painting large objects, you might want to go outside. Spray painting can produce harmful fumes in your home.
3) Read the instructions on the can- You should always read the instructions that are on the back of the spray paint bottle. The manufacturer might also provide tips and tricks on how to properly use the spray paint and what you can use it on.
4) Use safety precautions- You might want to wear protective eye wear and gloves when you are spray painting. When you use protective eye wear, you don’t have to worry about paint getting in your eyes. The gloves prevent the harmful paint chemicals and/or fumes from the paint from seeping into your skin.
5) Spray away- Finally, it is time to spray paint your objects. Try to use even strokes and avoid going over the same spot too many times. You can spray paint one layer, wait for it to dry, and then spray paint a second coat. Make sure you wait the appropriate amount of time for the spray paint to dry.
Ideas and extra tips on spray painting:
You can make all new accessories- One of the best uses for gold spray paint is for accessories, such as jewelry. You can save a lot of money by purchasing accessories at thrift stores and transforming them into gorgeous gold jewelry. Wearing a piece of shimmering gold jewelry will definitely make you stand out when you walk into a room.
Door knobs and handles- An easy way to revamp a room’s décor is to spray paint a door knob gold. Note- After you take off the door knobs and spray them with paint, you should wait at least 24 hours before you put them back on the doors. This will give the doorknobs ample opportunity to dry before you put them back on. If you can upgrade your door instead of replacing it, you can save at least one hundred dollars.
Light fixtures and lamps- You can easily transform your boring, brass light fixtures to gorgeous gold. You also have the option of spray painting vintage lamps.
Furniture- Believe it or not, you can give your furniture a brand new look by spray painting it gold. When you spray paint furniture, it is imperative to use a spray paint primer before you begin your project. The benefit of using a primer is that it basically makes the paint stick to whatever it is that you are painting.
Gold is one of the most glamorous colors in the entire world. You can spray paint accessories, doors, light fixtures and more if you want to add a little bit of shimmer to your life. Spray painting object also gives you an opportunity to upgrade your objects and save a ton of money.